Monday, August 6, 2012

Something a Little Different

I picked up a dresser for my closet at Goodwill a few weeks ago and it is very different from my normal style but I wanted to try something new and I really wanted to try a new Annie Sloan color, Aubusson Blue.
IMG_1747
I really love the blue, this color is great on it’s own or with dark wax. I went with the dark wax because I really wanted to leave some of the natural wood colors and it needed a little spiffing up so the dark wax was a good way to do it.
The dresser is veneer but had an interesting grain that I wanted to see some of it.  Here is the before.
dresser before
What a difference a little paint makes!!  And a lot of elbow grease in cleaning up those knobs with Brasso.
IMG_1759

IMG_1747
And look at that CUTE little elephant I picked up at a thrift store…
IMG_1763
I planned to use this dresser in my closet because I want a place to put jewelry and accessories but after finishing this one I’ve decided to sale.  It’s not exactly what I want but it was a really fun piece. 
Sorry I’ve been away so long, finally have a new computer but still a bit behind because we are trying to get the old files off the old dead computer Sad smile
April

Linking To:



5 comments:

  1. i love it! so masculine- love the color and shape, and of course the elephant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great transformation. Love that blue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a really pretty blue! I love it and the little white elephant stacked on the books.

    Thanks for the inspiration.

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this color and love this style of furniture!! Elephant is awesome also

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful redo! I realy like that you left some of the natural wood showing on top and bottom. Thanks for sharing, it inspires.

    ReplyDelete