Monday, April 9, 2012

Yard Sale

I finally had a yard sale this past weekend!  I say finally because I’ve been hoarding stuff in my garage for almost a year and I was really ready for some Spring weather to sale off some of the stuff.  I think it was the coldest day we’ve had since Febuary :) but we still had a great turn out. 

My brother and my friend Amanda joined me and my neighbors threw in some stuff too.  I made $304.  I think in total between all of us we made just under $600.  Not bad for a days work.

Yard Sale Pic This picture was about 1/2 way through the sale.

Afterwards I loaded up the car and took all the small stuff to Goodwill, I had planned to have a second yard sale in a few more weeks but I kept noticing that people were picking over the same stuff and not noticing some stuff at all so I didn’t think it would make a huge difference.  Plus I have a lot I need to do with my free time to start packing up to move. 

Here is what was left minus my buffet and shelves in the dining room I’m trying to sale.

Yard Sale Left Over

I would be happy to use any of these things still but thought I would sale if I could, so I guess I’ll be keeping.  I know I can find a good home for them when we move.  I was disappointed that I did not sale any furniture the day of the sale.  I’m thinking I should reconsider my dreams of rehabbing furniture to sale :(. 

Hope you all had a great Easter weekend.  Happy yard sale buying to all you out looking, tis the season!

April 

No comments:

Post a Comment