Friday, March 9, 2012

Keeping it Real

I guess you’ve probably noticed that I’ve become more of a weekend blogger.  Not by choice.  I have no projects and it’s really really sad.  I just wanted to stop by and let you know why I have not be sharing with you all as much as I’d like.  I value all of you reading my blog and I  hope to be back at it soon with lots of projects and new stuff to write about.

As much as I love this blog I sometimes feel that I started it at the wrong time.  When I began writing back in February last year I was starting to put more into our house, I was painting more furniture, and we were looking to start building in our new neighborhood.  You can read about that here and here.  I thought I would have plenty to keep me busy for a while and lots to entertain with.  We all know life is unpredictable and I never imagined that we would be trying to sell our house for over 8 months and trying to sell the new house for over 5. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

With two mortgages I’m sure you can understand that I have NO MONEY.  I refuse to buy stuff just to blog about, at least right now :) I can’t afford to be stupid with money at the present time.  I miss you, I miss having paint on my hands, and I miss decorating my house. 

I stopped at an antique/junk store today that I stumbled upon and drooled over all the furniture, stacks and stacks of furniture…it was torture.  I have stayed away from TJ Maxx for 3 whole months!! I was in Target yesterday looking for a storage box that I needed for work and I ended up in the bath section and they had the perfect, absofreakinglotley perfect mats for my guest bathroom but I turned them down for my perfectly fine unraveling Wal-Mart ones that are 7 years old.  I am saving all my pennies right now and it is so hard!  I have not purchased any new clothes since October and I have been taking more lunches to work and trying to be better about not being so wasteful.  The hardest part for me, hands down, is not shopping for my home!!

I hope you understand.  I hope you’ll stick around and continue reading as I can complete projects and find new content.  I could also use your prayers as we really need one or both houses to sale…not so I can buy crap to decorate with…so life can move forward and we can be more financially sound. 

Just wanted to keep you updated and let you know what’s been going on in my really boring life right now :)  I will be back soon with my Easter Springtime Table Setting…so there is something new!

Love Ya!!

April  

2 comments: