Sunday, January 22, 2012

Updated Twin Bed

I have been busy painting this weekend.  I am still working on the table I mentioned last week but I got a new Chalk Paint color, French Linen, I had to paint something with it. 
This bed was a perfect candidate, it is another estate sale find,  remember my Mom bought a whole lot for $15 including a dresser, bed, cabinet door, antique drawers and a pie safe!  I have had some really great projects from that sale.
IMG_0098 This one went from scratched up and dull to wow with just one coat of chalk paint!  I was so excited to only need the one coat on this one.  I then waxed with the clear wax then the dark wax.  I love this new color! It’s a mix of green, khaki, and grey. 
IMG_0181
IMG_0184 I love the details on this bed.  The knobs are missing from the footboard but still this has a nice simplistic design.
IMG_0177 The spindles on the footboard are my favorite.
IMG_0172 Here is a shot of me in action, nappy hair and all :)
IMG_0108
IMG_0181 What do you think?  Do you love this color as much as me?!? 
Hope you have all had a great weekend!
April


Linked To...





4 comments:

  1. I love, love, love it!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I DO love the color! Your bed looks like a different bed now! Nice work. :)
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete