Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pie Safe

I’ve been working on another one of my estate sale finds that my Mom found a few months ago.  It appears to be a pie safe or the start to one.  Looks like it was never finished, however, it did look like it had doors at one time but it was still bare wood.  I thought it would be a nice shelf to use in my dining room to store extra dishes.  It got a coat of white paint to that matches the paint on my table and the back is painted with chalk paint to match my buffet.  You can see those post here and here.
IMG_6322
Here are the before shots
IMG_6206
IMG_6208
IMG_6209






Lots of nail holes and gaps to fill on this one.
IMG_6323I really did try to stage this better.  I just could not think of what to do!  I honestly thought about getting out some Christmas decorations, but I just couldn’t do it…not yet. 

For a little how to info…I sprayed the white on with my Wagner power sprayer and then painted the back in Paloma chalk paint. 
IMG_6321I distressed all of the edges and distressed the top bar on the back where you see the white poking through.  Not sure if I love that white popping through the chalk paint but I do like the distressing on the white.   
IMG_6324
Here it is in it’s new home. 
IMG_6326 Abbie says Hi!

April
Linking to:









4 comments:

  1. how fun is that backing color! it looks so dainty and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    It turned out very cute. I especially like the distressing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I am Lovin the transformation. Thank you so much for linking up to last weeks show and share. Make sure to come back and link up this week with your latest project.

    A mommy's life...with a touch of yellow
    tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete